Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nursery #2

Look at me blogging two days in a row.  There's probably not going to be much talking in this one though.  (I'm sure most people are relieved.)  I just wanted to share some pictures of our new nursery in progress.  We bought a new crib and a new glider from Nebraska Furniture Mart (a.k.a. furniture heaven).  Here they are:







Ignore the blue box sitting on the glider.  That's a storage box of Elijah clothes that are too small that needs to be taken down to our crawl space but I'm being lazy and waiting to take it down until I'm ready to bring up the box of his smallest clothes to hang up in the closet for baby #2.

Anyway, as you can see in the first two pictures, the room was painted yellow because it was a guest room.  I still have the adult bed in there for now so that people can still come and stay with us for awhile, but we painted the room this past weekend.  And when I say "we" what I mean is my wonderful mom and stepdad painted the room.  I like painting but am pretty sure if I had tried to help at all, I wouldn't have been able to get out of bed the next day due to severe back issues.  Anyway, I used these sheets as inspiration:


Got them on sale at Babies R Us.  I'm not getting a whole "bed set" since bumpers aren't really safe anymore and you can't put blankets on them until they're older.  Just got the sheets and will probably get a mobile of some kind.  I'm trying to keep the furniture in the room to a minimum so other than the crib and glider, I have a chest of drawers that I refurbished awhile ago.  They used to be all white but I painted it brown and used wallpaper for the front of the drawers and put new knobs on it:


But now the room is blue thanks to my mom and stepdad.  I picked the lighter colored car in the sheets for inspiration.  Here are some pics:






And of course in the one with the chest of drawers there is Elijah getting into the trash.  I am still planning on adding a border of some kind around the room.  Either I will use the darker blue and red colors in the sheets and do some kind of painted border or I will find some wallpaper border.  I haven't decided yet.  For one thing, I haven't found a wallpaper border that is exactly what I want (not that I've looked really hard or anything) and for another, when we put up the wallpaper border in Elijah's room it was such a pain in the arse that I swore I would never do any wallpapering again.

However, the major stuff is more or less accomplished.  We still have several items that I need to add to the room like a hamper, a diaper pail, a toybox, etc.  One thing I am not adding is another changing table.  During the day we'll just use the one in Elijah's room and at night we'll just make do.  Plus, he'll be in our bedroom at night until he at least doesn't need to be changed at night so there's no need for another changing table.

Well, I said I wasn't going to talk much in this one but I guess that's nearly impossible for me to do.  Anyway, as it comes together more I'll blog more and post more pictures.  Hope you enjoy the blue room for now.  I just realized that all the rooms in my house (except the basement) are a shade of either blue, brown or green.  Guess I know what colors I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment