Sunday, May 13, 2012

Some thoughts on Mother's Day

I know that Mother's Day can be a joyful day for some people and a heartbreaking one for others.  There are some women who long to be mothers and can't.  I have been there and I know how painful that is.  There are people who have lost their mothers or people who do not have good relationships with their mothers.  There are single mothers and even married mothers whose husbands really don't step up to the fathering plate.  There are single fathers who long for a woman to be a mother to their children.

In amongst all this, I would just like to say on this woman-honoring and mother-honoring day that:
I am grateful for my son and for the son I am about to have.
I am grateful for the wonderful mother that I have and for the example of motherhood and womanhood that she set for me.
I am grateful for my husband and the wonderful, sacrificial father and husband that he is to me and our son.
I pray that those for who this day is sorrowful would realize that whether they are hoping for motherhood or grieving the loss of a mother in some way, that they are valued not for their parentage or accomplishments or anything else except that they are human and God loves them.  You are important because you are infinitely valuable to the Lord of all life, the one true perfect parent.
And lastly, I am extremely grateful to God for all that he is and all that he has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment