Friday, September 16, 2011

More Blogs and a Recipe

So I've been thinking I really don't keep up with this blog enough.  So I'm going to try to start blogging at least once a week, even if it's just a bunch of junk no one cares about.

"Elijah picked his nose today!"
"My favorite sweater can't be my favorite anymore because it's not long enough to cover my mom pooch belly."
"I like Dunn Brothers Iced Vanilla Nirvanas!"

So yeah, get ready for stuff like that.  I probably won't blog next week because we'll be in Florida, at least not until the end of the week, but then I'll try to have a Florida blog, accompanied by pictures.  So you can look forward to pictures of Elijah in Mickey ears and me sporting the mom pooch belly and tree trunk thighs in my bikini.  Can you just hardly wait?

I also think my blogs are more interesting when pictures are present so I will try to have those but no promises because my camera makes me angry for two reasons:  1) It has a few seconds delay when it takes a picture so if I try to snap a picture of Elijah being cute, by the time it takes the picture, he's looked away, and 2) It makes a lot of noise so I can't take pictures discreetly and if Elijah sees me taking pictures, he no longer wants to keep doing whatever cute thing he was doing, he wants to grab the talking camera.

No pictures today, but I will leave you with a yummy recipe for potato soup I made in the crock pot.  I got a recipe from my mom's ancient crock pot recipe book and then modified it to make it more to my liking.  It's super easy and you can plunk it all in there while your little one(s) is/are down for a nap and then leave it and have dinner already made that evening, or you can do it in the morning before you go to work (depending on your particular situation).  We ate it with BLTs but I think it would be delish with grilled cheese or just by itself also.  Here you go:

8 medium potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks (I used gold potatoes, I think those work best for soup)
1 onion, chopped
4 chicken bouillon cubes (or if you shop at Trader Joe's you can get the chicken bouillon packets)
1 tbs parsley (I use dry because I'm lazy but you could use fresh if you're fancy schmancy)
5 c. water
1 tbs salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 c butter
12 oz can of evaporated milk

Throw all of it in the crock pot except the evaporated milk.  Cover & cook low for 10-12 hrs or high 3-4 hrs.  Stir in evaporated milk during the last hour of cooking.  Scoop out and enjoy!  Yum Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Read your book. Loved it. Thanks for the hard work. Let me know when you publish a sequel. Tom@mulnix.biz

    ReplyDelete