Thursday, April 21, 2011

Headaches

So lately I've been having tons of headaches.  I thought they were just sinus headaches because they're always right between my eyes right where my sinuses are and there's a lot of pressure-feeling that goes along with them.  But then I'm not congested and everything I look up indicates that sinus headaches are when there's congestion in your sinuses.  And the worst thing is, there's nothing I can do to get rid of it except wait it out.  If I go to sleep, I'll wake up and it's still there.  I take 4 ibuprofen (200 mg) and it won't go away.  If I take a hot shower, it alleviates it somewhat while I'm in the shower, but it never fully goes away.  And this morning another one has decided to set up shop in my head.  I'm certain this one has something to do with the fact that Elijah decided to spend last night screaming bloody murder rather than sleeping, but you know, I should still be able to get rid of a silly headache.

I'm starting to think maybe I should go see a doctor, if for no other reason than simply to get her to give me some kind of pain medication that will get rid of it when it shows up.  On the other hand, is that even worth it if I can't take the pain meds because I'm still nursing?  Or if they have to give me wussier pain meds that don't work because of the nursing?  I don't know.  Plus, if you want to talk about pain, it is a huge pain to take Elijah to appointments with me and I've had several over the past couple of weeks (for like eyes and Elijah's 9 month checkup, etc.).  I was kind of looking forward to not having to take him anywhere in the carseat for awhile (except for when we go to Oklahoma, of course).

The very worst thing about these headaches is that they keep me from really interacting with Elijah.  I can go in his room with him and give him toys to play with or lie him down on his tummy to practice crawling, but I can't really play with him because my head is throbbing and so I just lie there on the floor and watch him play or scoot around by himself.  It makes me worry that I'm stunting his development by not playing with him enough.  At his appointment they were like "Is he crawling?  Is he pulling up?  Does he have any words yet?" and I'm like, "Uhhhhhh.... nooooo..."  I'm afraid I'm keeping him from developing as quickly as he could/should because I don't have the energy to play with him while my head is killing me.  Just another thing to add to the guilt list, I suppose.

Anyway, that being the case, I should probably get off of here and go let him practice crawling even if he's still not doing it right and I'm going to just have to lie there holding my aching head.  TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment